Friday 2 June 2017

DT Anniversary

Good morning,
Isn't it a lovely day?  I hope it is as lovely where you are as it is here.  I think spring has to be my favourite season, especially as the sun starts to shine!  I love all the new life and renewal after the winter.
I have just found out on fb that it is 5 years ago today that my first card appeared on TV as part of the Clarity design team - where has that time gone??  It is definitely true that time goes faster as you get older!  I was so excited to be asked to join the Clarity DT, It is such a privilege to be part of the wonderful team at Clarity, in the company of so many lovely talented people.  The team is so much bigger now, since the launch of Groovi - exciting times...

This is one of  the latest card I've done for the DT (later, I will show you the first one...)


I started by using my gel press petite square plate to do the pink square in the middle.  Load up the plate with ink, the dab a bit of damp paper towel over to give it some texture and 'stamp' on to the card.
Using black archival, stamp the pram and the words around the edge
Colour in the pram with pencils
Stamp the bows on a separate piece of card, colour and cut out, then attach to the card.
Mount on to pink card and then onto the base card.

I had never heard of a Gel Press Plate 5 years ago - it is amazing how things move on isn't it?  We have so many more lovely things to fuel our addiction!


This is the first card that was shown
This is the first card which was shown when Barbara first mentioned me as part of the DT

I made this one for the same show, but it didn't get shown
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             The other card was made for the same show, but didn't get shown, I think it has been on the display boards at the shows though.

Thanks very much for visiting
Hope you enjoy your day
Janet xxx

4 comments:

  1. Happy DT anniversary Janet. Your fish card is one of my all time faves. I've admired it at many shows. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thanks Lynne, you must be coming up for 5 years too! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Janet , five years...Congratulations...I am a fan of all your work...and I look forward to seeing lots more...have a lovely weekend...xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx