Monday 15 May 2017

Handbags

Good afternoon,
Very grey and dismal this afternoon here in darkest Norfolk and so cold!!  I thought I would share the handbag card I made for Rossella's show last week, using the Handbags and Purses set of stamps with masks.


I stamped all the bags and purses first, then masked them all.  It is worth taking time to make sure the masks are perfectly in place, otherwise you end up with white bits where you don't want them.
I covered a square round the main bag, then used Distress Oxides to colour the outside frame.  I used blues and yellows. I just sponged the colours over.  I removed the centre mask and just sponged the yellows over the centre area.
I took away all the handbag masks and coloured everything in with pencils.
I decided to give the main bag some texture, so I carefully added PVA glue and sprinkled gold microbeads over the wet glue, then left to dry.
To finish off, I used a fine black pen to outline the centre square and added a bit of gold glitter pen to the bags.  I printed out 'A Girl Cannot Have Too Many Handbags' on my PC, then cut out each word to add to the card.
Thanks very much for visiting, I hope you are having a good day!
Janet xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx