Sunday 13 November 2016

Tropical

Hello everyone,
Thanks very much for stopping by.  I hope you are having a good weekend.  I am showing a page from the Clarity colouring book today.  I did do this a while ago, but have just realised that I haven't blogged it yet.
It is coloured with waxy pencils.  I am not the best colourer-inner, but I am having great fun wiht this book, you can do each page bit by bit, you don't have to sit and do it all in one go.  I think it is good to take your time and get a result you can be pleased with.
The picture has come out a bit faded, but it was actually quite bright for me!
A few things I have learnt: Nothing in nature is a solid colour, so I always use several colours and blend.
Add shade!!  I don't think I am brave enough with this yet, but I am getting there!
Add highlights, I am also not very brave with this either.
Keep practising!  Practice makes perfect, as they say....
Enjoy it!  You are supposed to be relaxing, remember!
Janet xx

.

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely to me Janet! Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and colourful for a miserable morning! Would have been tempted to use markers for the birds to make them stand out from the foliage.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Janet, and I am so glad that you have blogged it. It is amazing just how relaxing colouring is, I remember spending many hours as a young girl. With my sister and our colouringbooks...happy memories..
    Have a great week....xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx