Saturday 23 January 2016

A look back....

Hello Bloggers,
I hope you are having a good weekend.  Mine is going well so far - a lovely bright, sunny morning and lunch out with my fellow quiz team members, followed by coffee at Moira's.  She has just acquired a new coffee machine - the one George Clooney recommends, so we were hopeful he might turn up to help us christen it, but sadly not...
Don't forget to tune in to Hochanda on Sunday for Paul's shows at 10.00, 14.00 and 17.00.
With that in mind, I decided to post a card from his last show.  It is a card a did a while ago, using one of my all time favourite Clarity sets... The Journaling Set
I started by doing the background with lots of distress inks, blending plenty of colour on the card, then splattering with water and blotting.
Once dry, I simply stamped lots of the images from the set in black archival, second generation for some and first generation for others.
I also added a couple of words from the word chains
Cut the image into three, then mount each piece on black and add to the base card.
That's pretty much it, thank you for dropping in.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Janet xxx

18 comments:

  1. I love this Janet! It looks so complicated but it's really not is it?
    Have a lovely Sunday! I can't wait to see Paul on the telly! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, it isn't hard at all. Have a great weekend xx

      Delete
  2. I love this Janet! It looks so complicated but it's really not is it?
    Have a lovely Sunday! I can't wait to see Paul on the telly! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Janet looks far more complicated and cutting it into a tropics card makes it pop even more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda - I like doing cards like this! xx

      Delete
  4. Fab card Janet looks far more complicated and cutting it into a tropics card makes it pop even more x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Janet. I too love this stamp set. It's so useful. Xx enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this card design a lot.... very pretty and very clever! Glad you are having a nice weekend! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, I really enjoy making cards like this. Hope you have a good weekend x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Artwork Janet. When I do a piece like this it always looks 'contrived' but you have it down to a fine art (forgive the pun). Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma - positioning is everything, it's not as random as it looks! Have a great weekend xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous combination of colours Janet. I love how you've used both first and second generation stamping to layer up the texture and interest in the background. As a finished piece it really does "Celebrate Art!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much, Barbara, I really enjoy doing this sort of thing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one Janet. I love the split image look. It works well with that set. Enjoy what's left of the weekend. Looks miserable outside but mild, thank goodness. Really want the fields to dry out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne - I hope your fields dry out soon - horrible to have to squelch around!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara, I love the Journaling set xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx