Tuesday 10 November 2015

Vintage Snowman Bauble

Hello folks,

I thought I had better start with a sample from the last TV show before the next one comes round!  Talking of which, Maria is on Hochanda on Wednesday with an extra couple of Clarity shows ...should be good.  I will be at work, so will record it and watch later.

There was a lovely set of aperture stencils on the last show the Festive Stencil Set - really useful set
 I also used the Wee Folk set 7

I started by stamping the snowman in a brown archival ink and masking him.  Using the outer part of the stencil, I brushed some brown distress ink through the aperture, then stamped the line of trees in place and added some 'snow'
I removed the mask then squished some versa mark through the aperture (clean the stencil first!!) remove the stencil and add glittery embossing powder and heat to give a glittery/glaze finish.
I trimmed the edges of the card, then added some brown ink.
I covered the bauble with the inny part of the stencil, then splattered a bit of ink.
The final touch was the fine lines drawn round the edge.



Thanks for visiting
Janet xxx

5 comments:

  1. I like this cute little snowman card Janet. It is very clever how you have him sitting in a Christmas bauble! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage design Janet, ...your snowman looks really happy in his landscape bauble....hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Janet. I love the sepia colour. A smashing card design as always. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx