Tuesday 4 August 2015

Groovin' for Christmas

Good morning to you!

It have had a bit of sorting out to do recently!  My poor old car which I've had for 13 years was due for scrapping in a month or so and I was going to get a new (used!) car.  Unfortunately, the exhaust blew over the weekend and I had to hurry things along!  We went round garages on Saturday and I found a car I liked the look of, but wanted to go home and chew it over....so Monday morning, I phoned the dealers and asked if I could take it for a test drive and how quickly could they get it ready for me - they did it the same day!  Amazing!!  ..so I am now the proud owner of a lovely Audi A1.

There was a bit of urgency as I am going to the Clarity workshops Wed/Thurs and my old car wasn't going to make it!

The cards today are featuring the Groovi system - pop over to Barbara Gray's blog, there is a fab offer on at the moment - spend £40.00 and get a free Christmas Tree plate (very lovely it looks too!!) or check out Claritystamp's website

I am not the world's best at parchment, but the Groovi plates make it much easier to get the line work in place - I think of them in terms of stamps, they provide the outline, then you do the rest!  My work is pretty basic, but I am looking forward to getting more adventurous!

These are two that I've done, just embossing and a bit of colour on the second one.





..and finally a little picture of the car I got!  Look out for me whizzing down the M11 very soon!!

Take care and I look forward to seeing some of you at the Clarity retreat!
Janet xxx

14 comments:

  1. Love the car! Cards are really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the car! Cards are really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards are dab Janet love the embossing on the wreath
    Now the car....just plain jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cards are dab Janet love the embossing on the wreath
    Now the car....just plain jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I am enjoying driving it

      Delete
  5. Hello Janet! I love your new car.... I hope you have lots of fun driving it down to the workshops. Have a lovely time at them! Lovely cards again too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chrissie, I had a lot of fun driving it, but that may have resulted in a speeding ticket - I have to wait and see!!

      Delete
  6. Love the cards and the car. Have fun driving it.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, I am having lots of fun driving it x

      Delete
  7. Really lovely Janet. The car looks good too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, my embossing is coming along!! I am reading your hints and tips carefully!

      Delete
  8. Morning Janet, two beautiful designs and a fab car....did you get the white car to match the parchment??? lol....hugs....xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Jo - I didn't think of that, but it does go quite well! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx