Sunday 3 May 2015

Cards, chat and cake on Saturday

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday weekend - usual thing here for a bank holiday - rain! Still maybe tomorrow will be better......

My card today is one I did for the Diva Red workshop with Moira on Saturday.  I treated myself to some Frsco Chalk acrylics (if you know me, you don't need to ask how many!!) and I have been thoroughly enjoying using them, so I wanted to have a go at the workshop.



To make the background for these, I used a smooth white card and added a tiny drop of paint on the back of a piece of cut 'n' dry foam.  I put the paint on the card in a couple of dabs, then blended them  The paint dries very quickly!  Keep repeating this with different colours until you like what you have.  I then used some of the paint to 'inkup' the crackle stamp and stamp that over the card too.
I cut the card to the size I needed for the card, then stamped the Clarity butterfly on a spare piece and added the metallic glaze which leaves a lovely shimmery finish.

Cut the butterfly out.  Stamp the background piece with grasses using black archival and add a sentiment, then add attach the butterfly.

As always, all stamps (and the chalk acrylics) are from Claritystamp.








The next two cards are the ones Moira did for the workshop, using Hobby Art stamp sets.  The cute little bird is stamped, coloured then cut out and attached to the die cut part of the image

The birds on the wire are stamped on a piece of card, the the posts are drawn in and the flowers all stamped.
The birds are stamped again onto fusible fibres, cut out and stuck over the main stamped image.

Lovely effect.

We all had a great time, chatting and making cards, as well as sampling Veronica's delicious cakes, not a bad way to spend your time eh?

Have a great weekend
Janet xxx

12 comments:

  1. All beautiful cards Janet! The rain should clear up soon... we had it this morning but it has dried up now and we have sunshine! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, it has been a bit sunny here too now x

      Delete
  2. Oooooooo lovely inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards as always. Loved you Clarity samples too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab cards janet. loving the acrylic backgrounds xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa, they are good fun to do!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards...all of them ...love your use of the new paints...I must actually take mine down from the shelf!!!!! Looks like another fab workshop ladies....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo - the chalk acrylics are fab , you definitely need to have a go! xx

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous set of cards Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx