Saturday 21 February 2015

Parakeets

Morning all!

I hope you have a fab weekend planned, I am off for a meal with the family later, to celebrate my birthday later in the week, then tomorrow is the Bawburgh Claritystampers East workshop - looking forward to that, as always.  Also, CLARITY HAVE A SALE THIS WEEKEND!!, so a good time to do a bit of shopping!!

This card is one of my samples from the last Claritystamp TV show, The Parakeets is a big stamp, so it comes with one of the mega mounts, I also used one of the stamps from the tree rows set


The background is done by spritzing left over ink on my mat and picking it up with card - this is a really good way of using up your ink, rather then just cleaning it up, plus, you have a stock of backgrounds for when you need them!!

I stamped the trees and coloured them in

The parakeets are on a stamped onseparate piece of card  I coloured in with Distress markers, using the same colours for the birds and trees.  (I googled parakeets to see what colour they were and pretty much anything goes!!)

With a fine black pen, I added some dots and lines in the spaces behind the birds and added lots of little circles for the branches

Once everything was dry, I glazed the birds by 'colouring' them with a versamark pen and adding clear embossing powder.  Mat on to black card, and add to the background, which I also mounted on black
Have a great weekend, whatever you are up to
Janet xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy birthday this week! Lovely card, really made special by your black pen additions, such stunning detail. Being an inky girl I love the background too! Have a great weekend. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, very tempted. Enjoy your Birthday week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Janet, Here to leave you some love!!!! For starters I love the spritzed background, great tip for using up ink too. I love your doodling in the background behind the birds, very effective. Great way to use that new leaves stamp. And last but not least I love the colours you have used for the birds. All in all a very beautiful colourful card. I'm off to the Clarity Sale now! Have a good night out. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. another lovely one Janet - doodling behind the birds looks like spiderwebs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet! Hope you had a nice meal! This is a lovely card, the colours are really cheerful! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. Love the colours and the endless zentangle possibilities !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx