Sunday 14 September 2014

Yule Goats

Good morning all,

I hope you are having a lovely weekend so far.  I should have been going to the Clarity open day in Catterick, but I was not feeling very well, so decided to cancel.  I am very disappointed, it would have been great to meet up with everyone and meet some of the northern Clarity girls who I have befriended on facebook but have not met yet.  One day I will get to meet you ladies!!

Today's cards are ones I did a while ago for the last German TV show.  They are made using the Yule Goats.  I have to confess that I didn't quite know what these were about when I first saw the stamps, but it is a Christmas tradition in Scandinavian countries.  The goats are made of straw with red ribbons, so I decided to use Kraft card to compliment them...


For the first card, I masked off the centre area, the stamped the lovely straw stars that also came with the set on the TV. I used red and brown inks
Remove the mask, then stamp and colour the Yule Goat, add some shadow, then a squiggly line round the edge of the frame

Stamp the greeting on a separate piece of Kraft card, mat on to red card and then on to more Kraft card




The second card is also stamped and coloured in the same sort of colours, but with a different layout


I hope those of you who are going to Catterick have a wonderful time!

Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. Nice Janet! Love the layout of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the kraft card, never thought of Christmas goats before, definitely a change from reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Yule Goats look great! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Janet. I love the added bling!

    It was a shame you couldn't make Catterick as it was a great day. I hope you're feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx