Friday 25 July 2014

Home again!

Good morning all,
Well, it's nice to be home again after a few days away at the Clarity Retreat in Crowborough.  I have been going to these workshops (previously in Cowden) for many, many years and have got to know lots of the regulars and it is great to see them again.  I usually stay with a friend who lives in Kent at the end of each day, I would take all my wonderful creations back and show her what we'd made...well, she retired last year, so this time I asked her if she would like to come with me and she said 'yes', so off we went....

The new venue at Crowborough is lovely, nice and light and airy and with lovely views, Jayne was there in the kitchen as ever, beavering away producing endless cups of tea and coffee and fabulous lunches, Paul Church was running around making sure we all had everything we needed, Dave was being Dave and keeping it real and of course Barbara was there providing tuition, energy and laughter.

We had four lovely projects each day, but I won't show you yet, I don't want to spoil it for those yet to go, so here is one of the Sample Christmas cards I did for the last TV show to keep you going...


This card is made with the deer and fawn round stamp, the holly wreath stencil and wording from the international set.
I wanted to use the stencil in a slightly different way, so rather than use it as a wreath, I just brushed through it in a random way, to make the strip - careful not to overlap the images - I added a touch of glitter to the holly berries.
The round stamp is just stamped and coloured in with pencils and some glitter added to the bits behind the deer's antlers.
 I stamped the smaller fawn in the front on a separate piece of card, coloured and cut out and decoupaged over the main image.
A bit of inking round all the edges, then matting and layering and add the words.

Hope you like it and thanks very much for looking
Have a great weekend
Janet xx

6 comments:

  1. Love this pretty little card and glad you had a lovely time! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good time, love the way you used the stencil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time ,very pretty card love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you both had a fab time Janet. I look forward to seeing what you got up to.
    It's nice to see the stencil used in a different way - Great card! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet. Please could you let me know how I contact you to attend a Clarity Norfolk workshop. Thank you. Lovely card by the way :). Margaret Collingwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maggie, my email address is
      janet.pring@btinternet.com

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx