Saturday 24 May 2014

Nuthatch


Happy Saturday Folks!


It's a bit drizzly here this morning - great weather for making cards - which is just as well because I have lots to do!!  The new stamps from Clarity have arrived - you are in for a treat next weekend!!

This is another of my cards from the last set, a lovely Nuthatch stamp - I have only ever seen one nuthatch in my life, so I had to Google them to find out what colours they were - I had a rough idea, but wanted to get the detail right.

I am no expert on 'colouring in' but I keep practising!

The Nuthatch stamp is part of a remountable set which includes the Moorhens from my last post
Remountable Moorhens and Nuthatches Clear Stamp Set

I used part of the Lone Tree Stencil to make him a tree to sit on (funny, this time lots of the DT used the same stencil with this stamp!)

I stamped the Nuthatch in place and used promarkers to colour him.

The word is done using one of the fab new Wheelie stencils, you just turn the dial to find the letter you want and ink through - genius idea!
Wheelie International Alphabet Set

There you have it!
Hope you enjoy the weekend - I am doing the Claritystampers East workshop in Bawburgh on Sunday - looking forward to it!
Thanks for visiting
Janet xx


5 comments:

  1. Its a lovely card Janet and you are such a tease. Looking forward to seeing you new makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Janet. We used to see nuthatches a lot at the chalet and it reminds me of that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous make,lovely image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Janet, have a great workshop tomorrow.... Your crafters are in for a real treat...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Janet, I haven’t been to blogland for a while so I have promised myself half an hour this morning to take take a trip!

    This is a lovely card -have a fab day at your workshop today xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx