Monday 10 March 2014

'Garden Birds'...oh all right then,'Blue Tits!'

Good afternoon bloggers,

This is an extra day off for me as I am not feeling too good.  I have a sore throat and a stuffed up nose and didn't get much sleep, so stayed off work...a bit of a chance to do something gentle, like catching up with blogging!
So, did you see the TV show with the Blue Tit stamps?  We were expecting all sorts of innuendos and many you tube moments, but it all went relatively sedately, I thought.  Calling them'garden birds', rather than'blue tits' probably avoided a major meltdown!

This is my card using those stamps along with the lovely Blossom Branches


This card was one of those I did a bit of practising before I started on nice card.
I used the square aperture stencil and shaded the aperture blue, leaving the bottom left corner very lightly coloured, I added touches of pink to the sky (which doesn't sow much in this picture)
I stamped the blossom branch next, making sure to leave enough room for the small blue tit to sit on top (This was one of the important lessons I learnt during my practice!)
I stamped the small blue tit in place
Now for the large blue tit.
Once they were all stamped, I coloured in with promarkers.  I wasn't 100% sure of the markings for blue tits, so I looked on Google images - (that was fun!!) Actually I did mostly get images of the birds, with one or two exceptions!

Anyway, once that was all done I decided to stamp one of the smaller branches all round the edges - I didn't mask off the bird, I was just careful with my positioning.  Colour all that in too, then mat and layer.
Hope you like it!
Thanks for taking the time to visit.
Janet xxx



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card , I was trying to convince myself I didn't need these stamps but you're not helping lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Lisa, I think your wish list must be a couple of miles long by now x

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful card, if that was just a practice one then the 'best' one must have been outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the real one Pippa - the practice ones ended up in the bin!. Thank you for your comment x x

      Delete
  3. lovely card Janet - hope you are feeling better after a rest day

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely concept and beautiful colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx