Saturday 19 October 2013

Hello Scotland!

Morning all,
 
I hope you are all having a good weekend so far.
 
This card is one of my favourites from the shows last weekend - it is very simple, I know, but I am pleased with the way it turned out!
 
When I was deciding what to do with this kit, I didn't want to put the castle in the frame, because I thought that was the obvious thing to do and wanted to do something different, so I had a rummage and found the lovely stag and a lone tree, which I think work well with the Scottish theme.
 
 
It al all stamped in blue (possibly stonewashed, but I can't remember!), then the usual torn paper mask trick for the hills.  There is a tiny bit of green and grey promarker on the castle.
 
I managed to resist the temptation to put something in the bottom right corner!
 
Hope you like it!
 
As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by
Janet xxx
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I like the Castle in the background and I love the simplicity of the colour scheme! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, lovely composition, I know what you, mean about the bottom right hand corner, very tempting but great as it is lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a Scottish born wee lassie (OK wee is stretching it a bit) I really love this card. Might I remind you that it will be my birthday in February, just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Janet. very moody. and i love blue monochrome x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Janet. Very elegant as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Janet - I love the monotone effect xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx