Monday 7 October 2013

A weekend of Clarity

Hello bloggers,

Well, this weekend was a bit of a Claritystampers East-fest for me!  Saturday, it was the lovely Bawburgh crew.  I chose the treescape stencil and stamp and the outline ducks to work with


 

The second of these cards was heavily based on a card Jo Rice did for the DT.  I loved the idea of the stencil and stamp together, so I asked if I could pinch the idea for a workshop.  Check out Jo's blog for the original.

On Sunday, I did the first of the Suffolk workshops in Great Blakenham, it was brilliant to meet a lovely lot of new ladies, everyone was a bit nervous to start with, some of the ladies had never been to a workshop before, but we soon settled down to making cards and having a good time.

'Pud' is one of favourite Claritystamps, but I don't see it being used much, so thought I would give it a bit of an airing, so we did this at both workshops.
 
The two cards below are the one we did in Great Blakenham, both involve brayering and I was so impressed with how well everyone did - especially those who had never brayered before!
 

 
I am already planning the next lot!!
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Janet! Glad you had a lovely weekend!! I especially like the ones using the tree stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, especially the last two, I've just bought the flourish stamp so will definitely borrow your ideas as I love what you have done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry I couldn't make it on saturday - glad sunday went well and I
    love the butterfly cards you did there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous crafty weekend Janet, ...love all your cards and your use of colour....Thank you so much for the mention ....crafty hugs....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a fantastic weekend and great cards Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a lovely time cannot wait till next one ,thank you Janet xx





    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Janet. It's good to see that your classes are going so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so gorgeous, and how on earth do you do that with 6 Furry Hooligans/Darlings?! I have 4 and it takes a lot of planning to craft....like waiting 'til sleepy-time!!
    I love your backgrounds (Gelli plates?) I get the kit for Christmas, so come Christmas afternoon, when OH and 4 FH/Ds are asleep....I shalll Gelli! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are no Gelli backgrounds on these cards, they are either stencilled, inked or stamped.
      One of the features of my cards is that they all have cat hair included somewhere!

      Delete
  9. wonderful cards, so beautiful I would hang the trees in a frame on my wall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx