Saturday 17 August 2013

Cabin in the woods

Hello everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed summer!  It seems to be back to winter here today!, 

Here is another of the German samples.  This is a lovely set of stamps - more trees, one of my favourite things to stamp!  I really like the log cabin too - good for men's cards!  I have done this as a winter scene, but with a change of colour, it could be for any time
.
I masked around the edge of the card first.

Everything was stamped in shades of brown on to the coated Clarity card.  I lightly coloured the cabin with promarkers.  I then brayered some brown along the top and added the star. I added some glitter!
After removing the masking tape, I used a brown fineline pen to squiggle round the edge of the scene.

Thank you for dropping by xxx

8 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card Janet! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene Janet, an ink painting. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Janet, reminds me of Switzerland! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Janet. Would love to be in that part of the world.....Wherever it is.
    Laurence x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card Janet - and a lovely set of stamps too! Be careful, you may get used to adding glitter..............obviously Moira is gradually corrupting you..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the glitter-adding under control, Veronica!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx