Thursday 9 May 2013

Foxgloves

This is one of the cards I did for the Clarity TV show in May.  I love foxgloves, they are amongst my favourite flowers and I enjoy watching bees going in and out of the flowers.  Everyone seems to be going 'arty' these days, so I thought I had better have a bit of a go!  These are big, remountable stamps, I had an acrylic block big enough, but if you haven't, Barbara recommends using a ruler as you mount.  The stamps used are the remountable foxglove set from Clarity

  • For the background, I used watercolour paper and lightly spritzed it with water, then repeat stamped the foxglove stamps using multi-coloured dye based inks
  • Completely cover the paper, then spritz with more water, so the colours run and blend with each other, there should still be bits of the images left
  • Lightly blot with copy paper, then dry with a hear gun
  • Ink around the edges with one of the colours from the inkpad
  • Mat onto dark pink card and then onto the base card
Main Images
  • For the three images, stamp the foxgloves with a black archival and colour in with inktense pencils
  • Tear round the edges and mat onto a dark pink card and tear round that
  • Mat onto the card
There you have it!
Enjoy your day
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. Its brilliant Janet ,i am a bit stuck for making anything at moment minds gone blank !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours Janet - and I really like the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this foxglove card, really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Janet, the colours work really well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx