Sunday 14 April 2013

Douglas and the Shatters

This was the most popular of the April design team cards, so I thought it had better be the first one I blogged.  All stamps used are from Claritystamp

This card is very, very easy, it is really all just stamped, embossed and coloured in with promarkers, the most important thing is to make sure you don't get any excess powder specks, it would really spoil the look of it!  I had several goes at the background 'shatters' to make sure!
  • Stamp Douglas with versamark and emboss with detail gold powder
  • Colour in with various shades of cool grey promarkers and a red for his bow tie
  • I dot and dash round the edge of the image along a ruler, using a fine black pen
  • Embellish with small black gems
  • Stamp and emboss the shatter stamp three time, once in gold, once in silver and once in bronze.
  • Colour in with the same colour promarkers, using different combinations of colour for each image
  • Mat onto dark grey card and add to the base card at jaunty angles
  • Add Douglas over the top
  • Embellish with card candy
  • All done!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card Janet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this on the tellybox Janet it is a lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have created here,Janet. So pleased to have found you in Blogland :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie - I thought I would give it a go! It's much easier than I thought!

      Delete
  4. Aha managed to get to it on my phone . This is a brilliant sophisticated card for a Man. I keep forgetting about my embossing powders! Love these stamps. Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam - I must admit, I tend not to use embossing powder as much as I used to

      Delete
  5. I love Douglas, he looks a bit mad doesn't he, bit like an eccentric composer! This was my favourite "Douglas" card on the show, and I didn't recognise it as one of your designs until Barbara said it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moira - he does have 'Beethoven hair' doesn't he? I rather like him

      Delete
  6. Lovely card Janet. xx waiting for Douglas to come so I can have a play too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bernie - I'm sure you and Douglas will have fun together!

      Delete
  7. Great card Janet. Douglas looks very smart and I love how you've used the shatter. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous- I am going to try and recreate this when my stamps arrive :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily - I look forward to seeing what you do x

      Delete
  9. great card janet, I especially like how you've used the shatter stamp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx